Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Splendid Seafood: Beach-Shack Tacos

I was looking through my freezer today wondering what I was going to make for dinner, when a package of shrimp fell on my foot! So I brainstormed for a while before I remembered this recipe! It's perfect for a light and healthy meal, plus you don't have to buy a ton of shrimp to make it, so its friendly on the budget too!

Beach-Shack Shrimp Tacos with Cucumber Salad
Grocery List:
Salad
2 cups sliced Kirby cucumbers
1/2 cup sliced radishes
1/4 cup torn cilantro leaves
2 Tbsp rice-wine vinegar
Tacos
8 corn tortillas
24 peeled raw jumbo shrimp (about 1 lb)
1 Tbsp Caribbean jerk seasoning
2 cups thinly shredded green cabbage
1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
1/4 cup sliced red onion
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
2 Tbsp light mayonnaise
1 Tbsp rice-wine vinegar
How to make it:
1. Salad: Combine ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Tacos: Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray; heat over medium heat. Add tortillas in a single layer 2 or 3 at a time and cook over medium-high heat 2 minutes, or until light golden in spots and softened. Remove to a plate and cover with foil to keep tortillas warm and pliable.
3. Sprinkle shrimp with jerk seasoning. Coat same skillet with nonstick spray; heat over medium heat. Add shrimp; saute 3 minutes or until cooked through. Remove to a plate.
4. Toss remaining taco ingredients in a bowl until blended.
5. To assemble the Tacos: Top each tortilla with about 1/2 cup cabbage mixture and 3 shrimp. Fold in half to eat. Serve with the salad.

Nutritional Information:
(makes 4 servings)
317cal
6g fat
5g fiber
6 WW points

3 comments:

Michelle@Life with Three said...

My husband would love these! Thanks for posting the recipe.

btw, I left you a little bloggy love over at my blog today! (http://lifewiththree.blogspot.com/2008/08/spreading-bloggy-love.html)

Pennies In My Pocket said...

Oooooo I love shrimp! I'll have to try this. It sounds fabulous!

~melody~

Pennies In My Pocket said...

Oh, forgot to mention...I posted about you on Monday. :-)

http://penniesinmypocket.blogspot.com/2008/08/menu-plan-monday_25.html

~melody~