Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Cooking with your Kids: Unfried Chicken Fingers

I have been getting TONS of emails and requests for meals you can make WITH your kids! I am so on board with this one, because my daughter LOVES to cook!

I actually have been cooking with my mom since I was a little kid, and I think that this is a great way to bond with your children, and get them to try new things.....or to reinvent old favorites!
I know I love those crispy fried chicken tenders you get at burger places! But I can't quite stomach the nutritional information (or lack there of! lol)

So I made a recipe that kids will love to help with, parents will love to eat, and you will be creating memories all along the way!

UNfried Chicken Tenders
Grocery List:
1 large egg1
lb chicken tenders, white tendon cut off
1 cup finely crushed baked potato chips
3⁄4 tsp paprika
1⁄4 tsp salt

How to make it:
1. Heat oven to 450°F.
Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil (for easy cleanup).
Lightly coat with nonstick spray.
2. Beat egg in a shallow bowl with a fork until frothy.
Add tenders and toss to coat.
In another bowl, mix crushed chips, paprika and salt.
Add tenders, a few at a time, and toss with a fork to coat.
Place on prepared baking sheet.
3. Bake 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

**Serve with ranch dipping sauce made from a fat free ranch seasoning packet and plain nonfat yogurt or fat free sour cream and water!

Nutritional Information:
serving size...about three tenders
388 cal.
12g fat
2g fiber
8 WW points

No comments: