Monday, April 28, 2008

Easy Dinners: Veal Scallopini with Olive Tapenade

Monday Already? lol This weekend went by so fast! (when do they not? I think I say this every Monday! lol)
Anywho...I just love this dish! I know that I will get some flack about Veal, but I'm Italian, and it's one of my favorite meals...so there! lol

Veal Scallopini with Olive Tapenade

Grocery List:
2 Tbsp flour
1⁄4 tsp each salt and pepper
4 slices top round of veal for scallopini, cut in half crosswise
2 tsp oil
1⁄2 cup dry white wine
2 Tbsp cold butter, cut in small pieces
1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
1⁄3 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
1⁄4 cup chopped parsley


How to make it:
1. Mix flour, salt and pepper in a large plastic food bag. Add veal, 1 piece at a time, and toss to coat.

2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add veal and cook 4 to 5 minutes, turning once, until golden (center should be opaque). Remove to a plate.

3. Add wine to skillet; simmer 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in butter until melted, then the tomatoes, olives and parsley. Spoon over cutlets.

Nutritional Information:
(makes 4 servings)
287cal
13g fat
1g fiber
7 WW points

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever tried grain-fed veal over milk-fed?

The Gourmet Momma said...

You know, I did have grain-fed in culinary school and it is a very fresh, clean flavor. But I tend to lean towards the milk fed only because its cheaper! But if I could take my pick, I would go for grain fed! :)

Deb said...

I'm definitely bookmarking this! I haven't made veal in ages, and I've got a jar of kalamatas calling out to me from the fridge! =)