Tuesday, April 22, 2008

One Pot Meals: Cajun Chicken and Rice

I'm sorry I'm so late! I have had a super busy day, with a play date at my house, followed by a photo shoot, and well.......dinner! :) So tonight I want to share a recipe with you that is a ONE POT MEAL! That's right, you only have to dirty up one pot for this baby! And it is PACKED with flavor! Don't believe me? Well....check it out for yourself!


Cajun Chicken and Rice
Grocery List:
2 links (6 oz) andouille or other smoked sausage, sliced
1 onion, quartered and sliced
2 small bell peppers, sliced
8 oz chicken tenders, cut up
2 packets (6.4 oz each) Cajun Sides Red Beans & Rice
4 cups water
3 scallions, sliced


How to make it:
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and onion; cover and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sausage is lightly browned.

2. Add peppers; sauté 2 minutes. Add chicken; sauté 1 minute. Stir in rice mixes and water; bring to a boil.

3. Cover and cook 7 minutes until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat; stir in scallions.

Nutritional Information:
350cal
7g fat
4g fiber
7 WW points

No comments: