Thursday, June 26, 2008

Take out Fake out: Smarter Fettuccini Alfredo

Ok, so as soon as I made this recipe last night, I just KNEW it had to be on GM!!! I mean, I couldnt believe I was eating something that was so healthy that tasted so good!!

Check out my newest section of the site: Take out Fake out's!

Smarter Fettuccini Alfredo
Grocery List:
8 oz fettuccini noodles, uncooked
1 1/4 cups fat free reduced-sodium chicken broth
4 tsp. flour
1/3 c. (3oz) light, neufatchel, cream cheese {cut into chunks}
3 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp. pepper
salt to taste
1/2 tsp. garlic powder (optional)
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley

How to make it:
1. Cook pasta as directed on package.

2. Meanwhile, mix broth into flour in a medium saucepan. Stir in the cream cheese, 2 Tbsp parmesan, the nutmeg, garlic powder, and pepper. Cook 2 min. stirring constantly with wire whisk until mixture boils and thickens. Then season with salt to taste.

3. Drain pasta and toss with sauce. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan and parsley.

Nutritional Information
(makes 4 servings)
300cal
6g fat
2g fiber
6 WW points

No comments: