Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Splendid Seafood: Wasabi Almond Catfish

Today's meal is really fun because it takes a snack food and makes it a meal! No, not catfish....Wasabi Peas! When I was a private chef, I had a client that ate these non stop, so as my client gift every week, I got her a pound of them at the bulk section of my grocery store and she LOVED it! :) But I was thinking about meals that have ingredients you may have in your home but use them for a different purpose....so wasabi almond catfish was born. Enjoy!

Wasabi Almond Catfish (and Roasted Baby Squash)
Grocery List:
1 1/2 lb assorted baby squash (such as pattypan and zucchini)
Nonstick spray
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup wasabi peas
3 Tbsp whole almonds
4 farm-raised catfish fillets (4 to 5 oz each)
1 tsp grated lemon zest

How to make it:
1. Position racks to divide oven in thirds. Heat oven to 450ºF. You'll need 2 rimmed baking sheets lined with foil; place baby squash on one. Coat squash with spray; sprinkle with 1/8 tsp salt. Bake on bottom rack 5 minutes.

2. Meanwhile, pulse wasabi peas and almonds in food processor to chop. Place fish on other sheet; sprinkle with 1/8 tsp salt. Top with pea mixture; coat with nonstick spray.

3. Remove squash from oven; toss. Bake squash and fish 10 minutes until fish is cooked and squash is just tender. Toss squash with lemon zest.

Nutritional Information:
(makes 4 servings)
308cal
15g fat
5g fiber
7 WW points

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this looks yummy! i love wasabi peas!

Anonymous said...

Great recipes and beautiful pictures! Glad I stumbled onto your blog.

Candy

Deborah Dowd said...

Oh my gosh! This sounds like an awesome dish! I am always looking for new and easy ways to make fish since we do meatless Fridays and this is going on my menu!