Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Crock Pot Recipes: Moo Shu Pork

Time for one of my FAVE recipes! I L-O-V-E my crock pot! I cant use it enough! I mean, whats better than making dinner at breakfast and its all done when your ready to eat?

Well this meal is no exception! I know I always have a pork roast in my deep freeze just waiting to be made into something yummo! And Chinese is my downfall! But with this recipe, it doesn't have to be! Its way better for you then going to the local take out, and your hips will surly thank you! :)
Moo Shu Pork
Grocery List:
One 2-lb boneless pork loin roast, fat trimmed, quartered lengthwise
1 cup hoisin sauce
1 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
6 cups shredded Napa cabbage
11⁄2 cups bagged shredded carrots
1⁄4 cup sliced scallions
3 Tbsp rice-wine vinegar
11⁄2 Tbsp sugar
20 flour tortillas, warmed (or you can use wheat!)
How to do it:
1. Put pork, 1⁄3 cup hoisin sauce and the ginger in a 31⁄2-qt or larger slow-cooker.
Turn pork to coat.
2. Cover and cook on low 6 to 9 hours or until pork is very tender. Turn off cooker.
Remove pork to a cutting board and, using 2 forks, pull meat into shreds.
Return pork to cooker.
3. Toss cabbage, carrots, scallions, vinegar and sugar in a bowl to mix.
4. Spread each tortilla with about 11⁄2 tsp remaining hoisin sauce.
Top with about 1⁄3 cup cabbage mixture and 1⁄4 cup shredded pork.
Nutritional Information (per serving)
makes 10 servings
452 calories
10g fat
3g fiber
9 WW points

2 comments:

Patty Young said...

Mmmm... this looks so yummy! I'll have to go pick up some of these ingredients and give it a try. Thanks for including all the nutritional info. This definitely helps! :)

Amy said...

Nikki - this is a great idea! I ust love it! I am going to make this for dinner!
Amy