Friday, February 22, 2008

Comfort Food: Enchiladas Suizas with Turkey

Hey Everyone! I am so sorry for my absence yesteterday, I had to go Grocery Shopping! And I don't know about you, but where I live, I have to shop at FOUR different stores! One for Produce, one for meat, one for milk (they have the best deal!), and one for everything else! So it's an all day affair!
So I thought to make up for it, I would share a really awesome recipe that I think it great! Easy and tasty!
Enchiladas Suizas with Turkey
Grocery List:
8 corn tortillas, stacked and wrapped in foil
11⁄4 cups green salsa (salsa verde in a can, you can find this on the ethnic food isle)
1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream (or fat free)
1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
11⁄2 cups diced cooked turkey breast
6 oz reduced-fat Swiss cheese, shredded (11⁄2 cups)
1 jar (7 oz) roasted red peppers, sliced
Garnish: diced tomato and sliced scallion (optional)

how to make it:
1. Place tortillas in oven. Heat to 425°F. Have a shallow 2- to 21⁄2-qt baking dish ready.
2. Mix salsa, sour cream and cilantro in a medium bowl. Spread 1⁄2 cup over bottom of baking dish. In another bowl, combine turkey, 1 cup cheese and the roasted peppers. Remove tortillas from oven.
3. Spoon scant 1⁄2 cup turkey mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up; place seam side down in baking dish. Pour remaining salsa mixture over top.
4. Cover with foil and bake 15 minutes until bubbly. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted.

Nutritional Information:
399cal
15g fat
3g fiber
9 WW points

1 comment:

Katie Gregg said...

This is a really cool, unique variation on enchiladas. I'll have to try it!