Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Light and Healthy: Asian Lettuce Wraps


Hey Everyone! I am so sorry that I was absent yesterday, I was at the computer shop watching the tech guy transfer all my data over to my NEW COMPUTER! (it took 4 times and almost 5 days for them to do this!)
Anyway, I am back with the most amazing recipe! I just L-O-V-E lettuce wraps! So I made this recipe to not only be tasty, but light and healthy! For only two points, you can afford seconds!

Asian Lettuce Wraps
Grocery List:
Sauce
1/3 cup orange juice
1 Tbsp each sugar and rice vinegar
1/4 tsp each sesame oil and crushed red pepper flakes (opt.)
Wraps
1/2 cup uncooked instant brown rice
8 oz lean ground beef
2 tsp each minced garlic and minced fresh ginger
1 medium red pepper, cut in strips
6 scallions, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
8 green-leaf lettuce leaves, washed

How to make it:
1. Sauce: Whisk ingredients in small bowl; set aside so flavors blend.

2. Wraps: Make instant brown rice as package directs, omitting butter.

3. Meanwhile, cook beef, garlic and ginger in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add red pepper strips; cook 1 minute more until heated. Remove from heat; stir in scallions and hoisin sauce.

4. Divide rice, then beef mixture among lettuce leaves. Drizzle sauce on top.

Nutritional Information:
Makes 4 wraps
103cal.
2g fat
3g fiber
2 WW points

No comments: