Monday, April 14, 2008

Splendid Seafood: Cod and Tomato with Asparagus

Hey Everyone! I don't normally feature so much seafood, but I just can't help myself! It's super fresh right now and CHEAP! So you have to love it! Today's recipe also takes advantage of the beautiful asparagus popping up everywhere....I can't wait to serve this meal to my family!

Cod and Tomato with Asparagus
Grocery List:
2 lb cod fillets (1 1/2 in. thick), cut in five pieces
1 bunch (about 1 1/4 lb) asparagus, woody ends snapped off
Garlic-flavor nonstick spray
1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
1 cup diced plum tomatoes
1/4 cup olive oil and vinegar dressing
2 Tbsp chopped fresh tarragon, basil, chives, parsley or dill
10 slices (each 3/4 in. thick) French bread


How to make it:
1. Heat oven to 500°F. Position racks to divide oven in thirds. You'll need 2 rimmed baking sheets lined with nonstick foil.

2. Place fish on 1 baking sheet; spread asparagus evenly on the other. Coat cod and asparagus with nonstick spray; sprinkle with salt and pepper.

3. Roast 10 to 12 minutes, switching position of pans halfway through cooking, until cod is just cooked through and asparagus are tender.4. Mix remaining ingredients (except bread) in a bowl. Spoon over cod. Serve with bread.

Nutritional Information:
430cal
7g fat
4g fiber
8 WW points

1 comment:

Our Adventures As A Family of 4.... said...

This looks good. I love aspargus and I am a fan of cod, too. I think my husband would like this recipe. I am also itching to try the oven fried chicken you posted.

Molly