Monday, April 14, 2008

Splendid Seafood: Linguine Vegas Style

Monday, Monday.....so good to me......lol! Good Morning everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I spent it shopping at goodwill, Joann's, and resale stores. Then I mowed my yard, raked leaves, and managed to put on a HUGE pot of veggie soup! YUM!! So I really wanted to share a recipe that I have been stashing for a while with you all...Enjoy!


Linguine Vegas Style
Grocery List:
1 lb linguine pasta
4 slices bacon, cut crosswise in thin strips
1 jar (12 oz) white clam sauce
Grated peel of 1 lemon
1⁄4 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
2⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley


How to make it:
1. Cook pasta in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water as package directs.

2. Meanwhile cook bacon in a large, deep skillet until crisp. Remove to pa­per towel to drain. Drain fat from skillet. Stir in clam sauce, lemon peel and crush­ed pepper. Cook over low heat until hot.

3. Add 1⁄2 cup pasta cooking water to skillet. Drain pasta; add to skillet with parsley. Toss to mix and coat. Remove to serving plates; sprinkle with bacon.

Nutritional Information:
376cal
8g fat
2g fiber
8 WW points

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks great. I love pasta dishes that can be prepared in the time it takes to cook the pasta!

The Gourmet Momma said...

oh me too Beth! Let me know if you try it, how it turnes out! :)

Deb said...

Mmm, this looks great! And my kids appreciate any dish with bacon in it. =)

The Gourmet Momma said...

Deb! :) How doesnt appriciate bacon, right? lol