Thursday, June 12, 2008

150 posts!! and Skillet Lasagna!

Wow! first we had 10,000 views, now it's our 150th post! How fun! So I am celebrating with a super easy recipe that your going to think "Why did I try this before?"

Skillet Lasagna
Grocery List:
1 lb meat loaf mix (beef, chicken, veal) or just ground beef if you can't find it.
8 curly lasagna noodles, broken into 2-in. pieces
1 jar (26 oz) marinara sauce
2 cups water
1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
3/4 cup part-skim ricotta

How to make it:
1. Cook meat loaf mix in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often to break up meat, 4 to 5 minutes, or until browned. Drain off fat. Stir in noodles, sauce and water; bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, 18 minutes or until noodles are tender.

2. Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Spoon ricotta on top; add remaining shredded cheese. Cover 3 minutes to melt cheese.

Nutritional Information:
(serves 6)
436cal.
18g fat
3g fiber
10 WW points

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that I tried this tonight because it sounded easy and quick. My whole family LOVED it! My 6yo asked if I could make it again tomorrow night. I didn't use the ricotta since I didn't have any, and it was still great.

The Gourmet Momma said...

oh, I am soooo glad! :) Its always great to hear from other GM's that have tried the recipes! And even BETTER that your 6yo wanted it again! :) Bravo!!