Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Sensational Sides: Roasted Butternut Squash

I get asked all the time if I have any recipes up my sleeve for side dishes to go with my GM meals! DUH! lol So I thought I would start a new section on the blog called Sensational Sides for just that! Enjoy!!

Roasted Butternut Squash
Grocery List:
2 Tbsp butter
2 lbs fresh butternut squash peeled and cut into chunks
1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon

How to make it:
1. Heat oven to 400ºF. You’ll need a rimmed baking pan lined with nonstick foil.

2. Put butter in pan. Place in oven until melted. Remove pan from oven and add remaining ingredients. Toss to coat and spread into an even layer.

3. Roast 25 to 30 minutes, tossing once or twice, until squash is tender. Transfer to serving bowl.

Nutritional Information:
(makes 6 servings)
115cal
4g fat
2g fiber
2 WW points

No comments: