Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving...The battle of the pies!

Hey Everyone!!

First of all, I want to say thank you for all of the support on Cook it Blog it! Its really an awesome site, and I hope to see more people subscribe and check out the other ladies on there!!

Now, on to Thanksgiving. Can you believe it's already here? One thing I know about this day is that people love turkey, but they can not resist the pie!
The battle in my home? Pumpkin or Pecan?
How about BOTH? This Pumpkin Pecan Pie is a southern specialty, and this recipe is sure to knock your socks off!!

Pumpkin Pecan Pie

Grocery List:
3 eggs, divided
1 cup canned solid pack pumpkin
1 cup sugar, divided
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp ground cloves
2/3 cup karo light or dark syrup
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1 ts vanilla
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1 prepared deep dish pie crust*

How to make it:
Preheat oven to 350. *If using a frozen pie crust, do not thaw; preheat a baking sheet in the oven and place the pie on the cookie sheet to bake.

1.) In small bowl, combine one egg, pumpkin, 1/3 cup sugar, cinnamon, ginger and cloves. Spread in pie crust.

2.) In medium bowl, beat remaining two eggs, slightly. Stir in corn syrup and remaining 2/3 cup sugar, the butter and vanilla; stir until well blended. Stir in pecans. Carefully spoon over pumpkin mixture.

3.) Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until filling is set around edge. Cool pie completely on wire rack.

Since this is Thanksgiving, I am not listing the nutritional information, because let's face it! There isn't any!! hehe Just eat a slice or two and enjoy! Work it off shopping on Black Friday.

I hope you all have a wonderful Holiday!! See you next week! :)

3 comments:

Aimée said...

I've never tried this, but it sounds amazing: pecan and pumpkin rolled into one. I wouldn't have to have 2 pieces of pie at Thanksgiving anymore if I had this around.

Mandy said...

Luscious! And, I love the star edges, it's a perfect touch. Thanks for sharing & I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving.:)
-Mandy

Carry Grace said...

Hey Nikki! This is my new Favorite Blog! I've been a fan of Project Domestic Bliss for some time, but have finally spent some time over here. I'm making 2 of your recipes this week, and I can't wait!

I love that you include WW point values!