Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Comfort Foods: Baked Mac and Cheese

I love comfort foods, but they always go straight to my hips, and then I don't feel so comforted! lol
So I made a recipe that I can acutally eat, and it wont kill me......or my hips! :)

Baked Mac and Cheese
Grocery List:
1 cup dry pasta of choice
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese PLUS:
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup thin white sauce (jarred alfredo sauce with a little added water)
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
1 pinch paprika

How to make it:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.

2. Boil macaroni until tender.

3. Mix white sauce and add dry mustard and paprika. Thoroughly blend.

4. Add 4 oz. cheddar cheese to the white sauce and stir until melted.

5. Add Worcestershire sauce and blend.

6. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.

7. Layer noodles and sauce alternately for two layers.

8. Sprinkle with 1/4 C cheddar cheese and paprika.

9. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until lightly browned.

Nutritional Information:
Makes 8 servings
166 calories
9.4g fat
0.5g fiber
4 WW points